Friday, August 5, 2011

Gift Idea

I am up to my ears in orders (thankfully) but really need to get back to the blog! So while my daughter is at VBS and it is just little cub and myself... I thought I would get in a quick post.




I LOVE homemade gifts and so does my family! Well, at least that is what they tell me because they get a lot! So this Mother's and Father's Day, I made these super cute, easy name pictures with my little ones! But it is a good idea for any holiday or just a special gift.




I went to JoAnn's and bought very large (about 3ft tall) paper mache letter and sprayed them white. They don't have to be perfect because you don't really have any close-ups of the letters.




Then I took A LOT of pictures of each child with each letter and then some together. This was no doubt the hardest part. Not only because it is hard to get a 1 & 3 year old to participate in a photo shoot.... BUT because you need a lot of different shots to choose from depending on how you are going to frame them and I wanted the letters to be somewhat the same size in each shot I used. So overall, it took me about 3 weeks to get all the photos done. About every other way, I would take the kids in the backyard or when we were at the park I would bring a letter and see if I could get any good shots.




One of my favorite pics is the one below.... both children smiling and happy (very rare)! But when I went to choose which shots to use, I realized I needed all vertical shot and no matter how many times I tried to re-shoot the same set up with the kids.... it didn't work! So in the end, I was not able to use it... but I still loved how they turned out!




I also had lots of shots I could not use for other reasons...









In the end, all the grandparents and Daddy loved their personalized pics!









No I have 6 huge letters in my garage and am not sure what to do with them.... but am sure I can figure out something. I am hopefully going to try and do the project again in 5-ish years.... just to have a fun comparison of how much the kids have changed.




No comments:

Post a Comment